Maintain Production Infrastructure in VMware Private Cloud (DC) and in AWS Public Cloud.
- Responsible for Production 5-9's uptimes.
- Enable observability tooling for all systems.
- Support Infrastructure Operations team on-call rota.
- Maintain Data Center and Disaster Recovery Center.
Required skills and experience:
- 4 years Linux systems administration.
- VMware experience and AWS experience.
- Automating shell scripts.
- Setting up and operating monitoring tools (eg. Nagios, Datadog, Grafana, or the like).
- On-Premise data center experience -- a plus, but not needed.
- Bachelor's degree in computing is an advantage.
- Certifications are an advantage, but not required.
What are we trying to solve?
We have 7.5 billion people on Earth, of which over 1 billion cannot securely prove their identity right now.
Every year, 140 million babies are born, of which 40 million go unregistered.
Simply put, these people are deprived of social benefits, such as education and health, their civil rights to vote and travel; and are excluded from the economy because they cannot sign up for bank accounts, loans, welfare programs etc. We believe this is unacceptable, and needs to change.
At VIDA , We are creating a frictionless digital identity system. One that fulfills the needs and expectations of our times, and is available anywhere, for everyone.
Why are we solving this problem?
The United Nations (UN) and World Bank ID4D initiatives aim to provide everyone on the planet with a legal identity by 2030. This deadline is just 9 years away, we are expecting a digital identity to be a legal human right by then and we at VIDA want to be pioneers in leading this change.
Who are we?
We are a highly driven bunch of people to solve this problem for our own reasons. Whether it is to solve for misleading doctors, or because we didn’t get access to fair ration due to corruption - Our collective goal aligns.
Other things that we care about:
- Our mission is to enable trust, so what we do is pretty serious stuff – we work hard and we have audacious goals. We balance it through humor and making sure we have fun at work. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We are a startup so at times we will do things that are outside our scope. We do it to learn but we also do it because it takes a village.
- We believe feedback is a gift and should be given freely, constructively, and in a respectful manner.
- We are accountable to many stakeholders, but first and foremost, we are accountable to our mission and each other