Software Engineer, Backend
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, BACKEND
Obyektif dan Tanggung Jawab :
Get to Know our Team
We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. This is why we are coming to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them.
We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. If you have what it takes to help build this new Digibank with us, check out the open role below.
This role will be based in Indonesia, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, backend. This individual will also work closely with the engineering, business, and other stakeholders. This role will require the person to be at the forefront of innovation to build this new Digibank with us.
Our leadership team is driven, self aware, proactive and humble, so we are looking for a future leader that will excel and thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, fluid, highly dynamic environment while thinking of creative ways to innovate how Digibank operates as an organization.
We are seeking talented & passionate engineers to join our team. You will have opportunities to work on multiple backend service clusters as well as participating in machine learning pipelines. It is very important that our team members take initiatives to identify problems, and have the right mindset and skill sets to solve them.
The day-to-day activities
- Design and write with the cutting edge Go language to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Digibank’s range of services
- Work with engineering team to explore and create new design / architectures geared towards scale and performance
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Collaborate with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Work closely with infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
- Design, build, analyze and fix large-scale systems
- Learn full stack performance tuning and optimization
- Debug and modify complex, production software
The must haves / Kualifikasi :
- A Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields with strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- 0-2 years of experience in software engineering in a distributed systems environment
- Track record of designing, developing and implementing large scale highly available online services.
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills,able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
- You can be a good coder in any language (C++, C, Java, Scala, Rust, Haskell, OCaml,
- Erlang, Python, Ruby, PHP, Node.JS, C# etc.), but must be willing to work on Golang
- Developing the future digital banking experts!
- Full time employee, with attractive package and business exposure
- Full commitment from the company to develop not only your hard skills but your soft skills as well
- Mentorship from the best people in banking industry and technology