Junior Agri Feed and Nutrition Scientist
You will be directly responsible for designing and testing cutting-edge scientific ideas and maths for the management technology of DELOS.
You may be an expert in a specific field or skilled in broad scientific research in commercial environments. You may be a recent graduate or a veteran of your subject.
You will draw on research, ideas, and in-field testing to synthesize new approaches and standards to solve complex problems linked to advanced animal nutrition. This may be from modeling the impact of feed nutrients on growth to predicting ingredient stability over time.
You will be working with a scientific team and a farming team, proven to be at the cutting edge of the industry. We are thought leaders in aquaculture. Your ideas and creations will impact the livelihoods of thousands of people.
This role is full of variety – here are a few things you could be working on:
- Combining research literature, scientific theories, and real-world scenarios to create equations, ideas, and theories that advance DELOS technology
- Design powerful feed and nutrition models for shrimp farming. This work is likely to produce publishable research
- Creating advice modules based on a systematic synthesis of research and real-world inputs
- Be a thought leader in the company's use of nutrition and its impact on core performance metrics
- Work closely with our data science team members to blend your research and ideas with data science to create powerful predictive algorithms
- Lead the design and implementation of innovative nutrition and feed use theories
- Maintaining scientific rigor and a keen awareness of bias in all workstreams
- Be inventive and bring your unique ideas and perspectives to radically accelerate RnD
- Support in ensuring data quality is consistent, relevant, and representative of the problems you own
- Degree or work experience in the field of nutrition or a similar degree
- At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field
- A team player, ready to jump across teams to maintain rapid business growth
- Have created unique models and equations to solve academic or commercial problems
- Understanding of statistical decision-making and a tools
- High intellectual curiosity and passion for the power of science to solve problems
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach with an attitude of extreme ownership
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia
- Comfortable speaking and communicating in English
- PhD or Masters in a relevant field
- Experience working on scientific problems in a commercial business-oriented environment
- You’re an inventor and innovator at heart. You’re always finding new ways to solve problems